I have won the inaugural WriteMentor Writing Weekend Story Competition, and as such I have been published in April 2020's edition of the digital magazine. My story is called #GaiaGivesUp, and was inspired by the way we use social media during climate catastrophes, especially during the Australian Bush fires of 2019/2020.
The magazine will be featuring:
– Exclusive feature from Cerrie Burnell, actress, former CBeebies presenter and author of SNOWFLAKES and the HARPER series.
– Interview with Sam Copeland on balancing life as an agent and an author.
– Insights from authors Perdita and Honor Cargill about writing as mother and daughter.
– Advice from David Higham Associates agent Christabel McKinley on writing a submission letter.
– Article from author L.D.Lapinski about her path to publication and the role of an agent.
– Advice from WriteMentor course leader and author Emma Read on writing a series.
– Industry insights from the organiser of CHCCYA Festival on how to run a literary event.
– Industry insights about Pathways into Children’s Publishing, a programme to support children’s illustrators.
– The second of a regular column from the Honest Writer.
– The winning entries in our recent ‘Community‘ themed flash and short story contests, including craft advice from the winners.
– The winning entry from our first Writing Weekend competition (that's me!).
– Celebration Corner, featuring YOU.
Make sure to download a copy for just £3 using the link below.
Copyright 2022 Melissa Welliver - All Rights Reserved