A free, voluntary mentoring programme which matches agented/published authors of children's/YA fiction with those looking to take that next step.
Applications will open in April 2020 and mentoring commences from May to August 2020. In September you may choose to participate in an Agent Showcase, where your work will be on display to a host of top agents.
This will be my third year mentoring, and I'm so excited to read your work. Past mentees have gone on to find representation for their novels, and I hope to do the same for you! Click here for more About Me.
I'm looking for strictly YA (protagonist to be between 15 and 18 years of age) in pretty much any genre. I am looking for strong female voices; strong female relationships/friendships; a quick moving narrative; and I am particularly partial to speculative, fantasy, sci-fi, and magical realism.
All the details for applying can be found here:
A General FAQ of what you will need:
Applications open on the 15th and remain open until 11.59pm GMT on 17th April.
- You will need to have a completed manuscript.
- You will need to send us a query letter, 1st chapter (double-spaced, 12″ TNR), and 1-page synopsis (single-spaced) along with your application, so ensure these are as good as they can be. The first chapter should be no more than 3,000 words.
- For Picture Books, please send the full text. Illustrations are not needed, but illustrator notes are fine.
- You can apply to 3 mentors. So be sure to research them thoroughly and chat to them during our Twitter Mentor chat week, starting 6th April.
- It is 1 application (1 novel) per person.
I'm glad to hear it! Myself and my fellow mentors will be answering questions over on twitter in the week before applications open. You can AMA on Thursday 9th April at 3pm BST/ 9am EST/ 1am AEST, or just tweet me @melliver any time with the hashtag #writementor and I'll get back to you when I can.
Copyright © 2018 Melissa Welliver Author - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by pipe dreams and unicorn blood